Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Girls having fun in Maui; Stu bachelor week

Sandi, Jaida, and Stella (along with friend Jasmin, Kathy, Bob, Eli, and Lynda) are in Maui this week.  They are moving around a bit, but are now at the Grand Wailea.  I was supposed to go on this, but alas with my treatment, I couldn't go.  But, it availed me to:

Guys Bachelor Week ;)
High School Friends (Rob, Pete, Phil, Jeff, and friend DJ) and I took off last weekend for Lake Tahoe.  Pete braved the traffic and we relaxed in Belinda's cabin.  Highlights included dice, Gang of Four, boating (Jeff was our captain), and gliding (Pete and I had to squeeze into a very small seat).  And, Moe Gould (Pete) and Fla$h Ca$h (DJ) performed their first ever "D...heads Live" for us -- 27 years of creativity from a USC dorm room band and they were "here to rock".  Really great performance (for the 4 of us) -- and super excellent for a Bachelor Weekend.

Later this week, some of my CAL friends, friends through "Shopping Day"/Mardi Gras/Jazz Fest/college football/Giants/work/etc, are taking me to Vegas.  With my diet limited to 1 drink/night, this may be a different Vegas experience than my normal times out there -- but this group is a blast (and it may be nice to not be the "MVP" -- i.e. which of us gets the most crazy).

I'm doing a few minor chores, and frankly, watching a few movies that I needed to catch up on.

I only have 1 infusion left next week, and my treatment ends 8/14 before a 1 month break.  Minor side effects of hair loss started happening in the last few days, but no biggie.  No other side effects are manifesting themselves.

Thanks for all the ongoing thoughts and prayers, and for some of the locals driving me to UCSF and bringing over food.  All is good, and looking forward to finishing up for the time being on 8/14!
Stu











2 comments:

  1. Such awesome friends you have my hunny! You actually still seem to be mvp with all of the fun faces you’re making 😛😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stu - How was Vegas?
    Sorry I wasn’t working your flight ✈️
    I hope the flight attendants weren’t too mean.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete