Thursday, August 16, 2018

6-week treatment is completed!!!

Super excited bc earlier this week, I completed the 6-week treatment program -- so no more radiation, chemotherapy, or my clinical trial infusion for the next month.  Thanks to all who helped drive up with me to UCSF -- it was great to catch up.  Wrt the effects of 6-weeks of treatment, I had a little hair loss, but didn't get many of other side effects that they were warning me about (nausea, fatigue, etc). I'll get my next MRI on 9/11, and then UCSF has some ideas of some other treatments to proceed with that we're evaluating.

The past month has been adventuresome.  While Sandi and the kids were in Maui, 11 of my college/work friends took me to Vegas.  I was a little skeptical about going to Vegas with only 1-drink in my system per day, but it was most excellent.  Ben, Alex, Mark, Peter, Ed L, Ed H, Ted, Austin, Erik, and Tony really went over the top with the cabana rental and other activities.  By the way, 49ers "over" is 8.5 games -- so they only need to win 9 games.

Kudos to Fred and Riza for taking Sandi and me out to Alexander's Steakhouse.  (Note to self:  when the waiter says "Happy Birthday" to me, even though my birthday was 1 month ago, just say "thank you" and accept his generosity).  And, thanks Jeff for the tix to the 49er game.  (Note to self:  Doh!  Don't leave the game in the 4th quarter even though you're down by 11 and just gave away the ball again).

Dan and Corinna came from Maui and San Diego for a quick visit.  Oh boy, do we appreciate the invite to the Ben and Serene meat-fest.

And, I had a special treat last week -- my cousins Stephanie and Jaime from the East Coast came to visit.  We had an extended family dinner at Opa, and continued to catch up and play for much of this week.

Leland is back in town for a couple days (and brought a Duartes ollalaberry pie).  The girls are getting ready for school -- that starts next week.  They are looking forward to seeing their friends.  Stella is going to be a freshman, and Jaida is in the 6th grade.  Wish me luck in keeping up with Stella's geometry for any questions that she may have.

Looking forward to playing with y'all during the next month.  I'm going back to work on 8/21, but nights/weekends are always good.
xoxo,
stu










1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling well and got to enjoy time with the clowns. Take care and hope to see you and the family soon!

    ReplyDelete