Sunday, July 22, 2018

Onto the back-half of my treatment

Hard to believe that I'm already half-way through my initial "Standard of Care" treatment (radiation + chemo + a clinical trial).  So far, no side effects from the treatment and all is going well!

We've been having a ton of fun for the past few days:
  • Stacy and Rich stayed with us for a weekend -- 3 months ago, they had just showed us all around Washington DC, so this time we got to host them for a day at Filoli, yummy Tiff/Dave bbq and wine tasting, Giants game, etc.
  • My buddy Ljupco from CAL came into town from LA and we had a great time hanging out -- and going with Fred to lunch at San Wang, Giants game, etc.
  • We got our new car!  Totally loving it.
  • Played some more racquetball.  I had Mike Smith 10-0 (because he gave me a 10-point head start).  Ended up losing 15-10, but still a good time ;)
  • Mike VH from high school came to visit, and he was very relaxed by Ken's massage chair
  • Rides and great catch up to UCSF with Rob, Aaron, Alex, Brett, and others.  Brett really knows the city, and he took me to Mr. Holmes Bakehouse so that we could buy a Cruffin (croissant/muffin stuffed with chocolate mousse) for Jaida -- I got a picture!
  • Special kudos to Alison and Rob for making some meals for us (and Rob's super-special SF tour)
  • Steve-o hosted us for an As/Giants game and fireworks in Oakland.  Kudos to Steve S for driving through the 880 mess, and Ashby providing his normal levity ("where is that AUX port")
  • Awesome seeing Julia and David's newly remodeled house and catching up over steak, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts dinner. 
  • Happy Hallow with nieces Everly and Eden
  • Going to an Improv comedy show in SJ with the B-ball friends -- man, SJ is hopping on Sat night!
Later this week, Sandi and the girls are taking off on a previously planned trip to Maui.  Bummer I can't go with my treatments, but oh boy -- some of the boys are planning some weekend fun for me!  (I keep telling them that I'm limited to 1 drink per night -- and for some reason, they keep sending me a 40 ounce glass with Crown Royal strapped to the side.  Oh boy!)

And, this week, Jaida is doing some room renovations -- so some bed disassembly and new installation.  (In truth, her existing bed IMHO was the most comfortable, but alas -- it seems that a twin bed is no longer efficient).
xoxo,
stu




2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Super Busy!! Rich and I had a great time hanging with you and the family. Love, hugs and kisses for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Go, Stu! So glad everything is going so well. Love you guys, Angie and Dan

    ReplyDelete