Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Recovering well -- trying to get treatments started

(6/20 from Stu):  All continuing to progress well on recovery.  Great meeting yesterday with treatment doctor who gave us a ton of confidence.  And, I never had to use my short-term readers much before, but now I need them more -- he said it was normal as I was coming off some medication and should correct itself.  Nice!

I'm feeling good enough that I'm asking the doctors why we need to wait so long for treatments -- so I'm trying to push it ahead, but continue to run into no one being able to move it forward (even though I'm pushing other appointments up).  We'll keep pushing.  IMHO, it may be Bristol-Myers who is the company behind the clinical trial.  My point is that the surgery went well -- now let's build on that right away and not wait! 
We continue to look at optional clinical trials, which might mean a chance in hospital if UCSF doesn't get things going sooner, and we find a more interesting trial to participate in.

In any case I'm having a great time at home!  I love that so many of you have come by to visit, as it makes things far more interesting for me! This next week, we are hoping to get to:

  • Throw out the trampoline and do general yard clean-up
  • Plan out some backyard improvements -- thanks Suzanne!
  • Doing lunches, teas, and even a little wine
  • Planning a local vacation
  • Planning out a new car -- thanks Phil Chou (as well as the consulting help from Paul, Matt, etc)!
  • Thinking of other fun ways to spend good times together.  (My doctor says that I'll be a little tired during treatments, but stuff before and during treatments include:
    • Alameda pinball museum
    • Driving fun cars near the beach
    • Fishing
    • Hiking
    • What else??

2 comments:

  1. Great news, my Ape friend!

    I'd make you a long list of things to do with the kiddies (and of course, Sandi!) but Jill already did. Just to make it easy, use her website and fee free to ask us any questions you might possibly have.

    https://www.sftourismtips.com/san-francisco-with-kids.html

    We've got loads more if you need it. Feel free to call/text/FB or anything. So wish we could come by and visit. Love ya, buddy.

    ReplyDelete