Thursday, June 28, 2018

Intense, 1+ Month -- ready for attack on 7/3!!!

Wow!  Friends/family really came together over the last 1 Month or so -- helping with food, kids, activities, levity, and research.

I'll tell you -- the research was/is a bitch.  There is no "right" answer.  Everyone responds differently to treatment, and yet it's incumbent upon me to make some pretty important decisions.  The family all pulled in the same direction, got a ton of options on the table to weigh through, and we're good to go with the 7/3 start at UCSF for a 6 week intense treatment followed by other treatments.  Sure, doctors normally expect some side affects like nausea, fatigue, and other items -- but we'll kick butt over it.  And, it'll be great to have a lot of you locals close by to let out some steam and have a blast

2 of my wild and crazy and super-smart East Coast cousins said to me early on "This is your personal ride".  They both came up with the phrase independently -- really!  It took me a while to figure out what they were telling me, but I think I figured it out.  There are so many decisions that need to be made relatively quickly -- with relatively little real data.  Some of you may make decisions differently than what I did.  That's OK -- we're both right ;)  I really appreciate all the conversations, comments, and stories -- and they certainly do factor into my decisions.

On the family side, we've been able to escape for a couple days to Monterey, and saw some dolphins, otters, sea lions, and s'mores.  And, this week, my buddy Leland (friend from CAL who spoke at our wedding) is coming up for some fun from Australia/Los Angeles.  Brother Ken helped order a massage chair for you to sit in when I babble your ears off -- and it should be in soon.  The trampoline is gone and we're getting ready to do a little backyard landscaping.  And, we have a new car on order!  All super exciting stuff!  The kids are continuing their summer fun of Cheerleading camp, hanging with school friends, swimming, camping with Uncle Ken, etc.



2 comments:

  1. Stu -- You're an inspiration, my friend. You're doing your ride right...
    All our best, from the Millers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have know doubt you will always do whatever you need to do. We're behind you 💯% .Looki Lo forward to celebrating you in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete