Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Done with 2 surgeries, and now onto treatment

(6/13, from Stu):  Recovering from the surgeries nicely and now just waiting to start the treatment plan.  Even though I'm feeling good, they want me to continue to recover some more (and prepare whatever they need to prepare) -- and then they are going to blast the pie out of me (radiation, chemo, maybe an experimental program) of what couldn't get removed from the surgery through the middle of August.  (The pituitary isn't our focus -- we're focusing on the glioblastoma).

Everyone has been so supportive throughout this process.  Thank you.  I'll try to get some Thank You notes out this week (Jaida has already started!) (Side note from Sandi: As Jaida and I set about writing down the names of those who have helped us over the last few weeks, we found our list to be longer than there were days since this all occurred! Wow!!  We are so lifted up by you all.  Thank you!! Back to Stu now....)

With the wait for the treatment to start, I have some time on my hands -- so gimme a call if you want to hang, go play, etc.  I'm up for pretty much anything, but am thinking about sticking with this:

  • I get to drive -- I actually may get a new car since the BMW won't pass smog in a couple months
  • I won't drink -- it's actually pretty darn hilarious watching y'all drink
  • Good food
  • Lots of exercise -- but no biking
  • Entertaining movies -- now that they took the pituitary tumor out, I'm not the worst Elefant tearing up during Disney
  • Crazy fun -- I'm definitely open to suggestions.  Sandi and I are doing at least 1 thing a day (and others are welcome too!):
    • Filoli
    • Cantors Museum
    • Hakone
    • Car driving
    • Indoor skydiving
    • Beach day
    • Fishing
    • Hiking with Buddy
  • No real working -- I feel fine, but the doctor suggests that I don't work for a while until after my summer treatment.  ESG has been awesome. (Note from Sandi again - ESG crew has been SO AMAZING!! Thank you for the notes, the donuts, the little texts and calls!!)

14 comments:

  1. Guess I’m going to have to drink for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stu and Sandi I just want to tell you how amazing I think you are. Not just as friends, parents, siblings etc. but as human beings with such an shining spirit. Looking forward to lots of fun times together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your New York cousins. Thank you s are in no way necessary. Just keep up the positive.

    Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a buddy that does charter fishing out of Monterey if that may interest you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stu and Sandy,
    I've been following along on this amazing blog (and checking in with Mom Natalie from time to time), and I just wanted you to know that you are always in my thoughts. If there is such a thing as the healing power of love, then you are gonna be okay! But then, it's so easy to love you guys!
    "Aunt" Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beach day if that is in Santa Cruz?
    If it is we would love to be included.
    Watch the sunset with some Marrianes ice cream .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you guys and keep on fighting. Your whole family is amazing and I'm honored to be a part of your support group. I wish I lived closer so Jill and I could be more helpful.

    Love,

    Aram "Ape, Ape, Ape, Ape" Sohigian and Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howard and Kathryn are impressed with your spirit and progress, and sending positive thoughts your way . We hope to visit you in July, but have been overwhelmed with moving Kathryn's 88 year old Mom to Seattle (due to failing health). You and your family are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Guys...Ed just told me, so I'm catching up. Stu--you always amaze me. I can see the plan is still coming together, but you will win. You always do, just by sheer brainpower (pun intended) and determination. And Sandy, we all know how strong you are. I know you have closer friends and family (people who would walk on coals for you guys), but if there is anything either Sue or I can do, just say the word. ..Steve and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're following along and sending positive thoughts your way while you guys are sleeping and we're here in Israel, ten hours later.
    Keep up the good work!
    Uncle Paul and Aunt Celia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stu and Sandy,
    We just found out and catching up on the blog. What an incredible spirit you all have. It’s amazing to witness. We are thinking about you and sending you love and Prayers. We are here for you guys. We hope to see you soon... Our plans for Chez TJ needs to happen ASAP!
    The Chins (alan)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just heard...praying for you and your family and especially all the healthcare system blockers that need to make sure you get what you need...and wisdom for the doctors.

    ReplyDelete