Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Back to school, work, and the "routine"

The girls have had a great time starting school.  We went to Stella's first cheerleading gig at Los Altos High School's first football game.  Really fun, and a little hot after sitting outside for a Junior Varsity and half of a Varsity game.  (But, I wasn't the one doing splits 20 feet in the air).

I've been back at work for about a week, and it's been great.  The people I work with have been super supportive and I've been easing back in.  My clients seem genuinely happy to hear from me.  Very cool.

In the next couple weeks (9/11), I'll do my next MRI and see how productive the radiation + chemo + clinical trial was.  I'm feeling good in almost all facets, and really only have some loss of hair for the most part.  After the MRI, we'll figure out the next plan of action.  UCSF has me signed up for some elements with the clinical trial.

I've been having fun with lots of recent events:  golfing with Dave, Alex, and John; steak dinner with 3 bottles of wine (not for me!) with Fred, Riza, and Sandi; pool party hosted by Tony; road trip to LA to visit with my cousins Jake and Katie at their new Mermaid Bar; hooking up with my old CAL dorm friend Eric; lunch with Ljupco and seeing his mom selling their blankets at Palo Alto Art & Wine Festival; visiting with Uncle Paul from NJ/Israel; Giants game with Lewis, Chris, and Fred; Leland visiting and installing Alexa switches and partying with all of us; etc.

We're getting into the school and work routine now, and all is going well.  Always have time to play with y'all if you are around!

xoxox,
stu





1 comment:

  1. Hope to see you and the family soon.
    Patricia officially moved to Palo Alto today.

    ReplyDelete