Thursday, November 8, 2018

Interesting new options are presenting themselves

So, to catch everyone up, we've been having fun with family, friends, and work over the last 3+ months of treatments -- health-wise, I've only been doing the 5-days chemo every month and clinical infusion.  All seemed to be going well, and I went in recently for my ongoing 2-month MRI, and me/Sandi were kinda expecting a clean "bill of health" -- but alas,  the doctors found some growth that they weren't expecting.  So, we're now at:

  • Let's get in there and see what the growth is:
    • Just dead tumor cells (yay = continue what we're doing!)
    • Just scar tissue and inflammation (yay = continue what we're doing!)
    • New growth (boo!  But investigate some new clinical trials that may now be open to me)
So, the bummer in all cases is that it looks like I'll need surgery again in the next 1.5 weeks.  But, we caught whatever this is fairly early, so they are really optimistic that it looks very promising.  And, we'll know more about the cells soon to take proper action.

If, unfortunately, there is new growth, there is some good news -- there are some pretty impressive clinical trials that I may qualify for (Precision Medicine working with a DNA expert, Virus Vaccine, and other therapies).

I went up to talk to the surgeons and teams today.  They all say they can't see anything from the outside and their baselining of me -- which makes their tests look good ;)

More soon,
This spun us around a little bit, but we're doing well.  Thanks for your steadfast support, it remains the stilts that hold our house up!
stu, sandi, stella, and jaida

2 comments:

  1. I think of you and your family daily. I find your strength and proactive attitude inspiring yet not surprising at all. Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care Stu. Sending prayers and let us know if we can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete